Buck Showalter Looks To Lead The Baltimore Orioles To A Winning Season in 2012...Let's Go O's!

Monday, June 18, 2012

Hammel Falls One Shy Of No-Hitter

First things first. I'd like to apologize for my late posts...these new hours are killing me!

I actually slept through this entire game...I may have to do that more often, as Jason Hammel pitched a one-hit shutout in a 5-0 win over the Braves on Saturday night.

Hammel (7-2) took a no-hitter into the seventh before allowing a two-out single. He finished with two walks and eight strikeouts, needing just 103 pitches in his best start of his carer.

Mark Reynolds' two-run single in the fourth put the Birds on top to stay. Brian Roberts went 2-for-4 with three RBIs.

Wei-Yin Chen took the mound on Sunday afternoon...that post is coming now : )

No comments:

Post a Comment