Buck Showalter Looks To Lead The Baltimore Orioles To A Winning Season in 2012...Let's Go O's!

Saturday, July 14, 2012

O's Head Into Break In Second Place

OK, so this post is a little late...after losing power for four days and heading to Ocean City for a week of vacation, I neglected my Orioles blog. I apologize. I'm back for the rest of the season, I promise.

I'll make this post short and sweet...the O's virtually limped into the All-Star Break but managed to hold on to second place in the ultra-competitive AL East. Every team in the division was at .500 or better at the break, something I don't believe I've ever seen before.

The Birds sent three players to the All-Star Game in Kansas City: Adam Jones, Matt Wieters and Jim Johnson. Jason Hammel fell just short of joining the team with the final fan vote.

It's the first time since 2005 that the O's (45-40) hit mid-season with a winning record. There is certainly a lot to like about this club, but they have struggled recently and there is a lot to work on if they want to remain in contention through the rest of the season.

Stay tuned and Let's Go O's!

No comments:

Post a Comment